Friday, May 1, 2020

My Latest Parody: A Modern Icon Federal

I have always found A Modern Major General from Pirates of Penzance to be a lot of fun. I remember seeing Danny Kaye who was a real expert at patter songs rattle off the lyrics with extraordinary precision.  It’s amazing that a popular song that was first introduced in the 1870s is still with us today.

In recent years when I’ve seen Gilbert & Sullivan’s Pirates of Penzance performed, a few lyrics are often switched out in A Modern Major General to key in on politics. When I decided to write a parody about current events in the USA, using A Modern Major General seemed like a great choice. Enter A Modern Icon Federal.


With everyone in lock down due to the spread of COVID-19, I am not able to perform my new show, 2020 The Musical. Here’s an opportunity to sport the Uncle Sam costume I was to wear during that show.

A Modern Icon Federal is set to premiere on YouTube at Noon on Saturday, May 2nd at https://youtu.be/KSARHV-Y2ng.

No comments:

Post a Comment