Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Hats Off, Michigan City IN


Making my way back to Ann Arbor from Los Angeles. The Amtrak Wolverine train left Chicago late due to technical difficulties. As a result, the amount of time spent at different stations was reduced in an effort to make up time. At Michigan City IN, a group of fans came to see me, but the train was there for only two minutes. No time to go out to sing and talk with those interested in meeting me.



The conductor reported members of a group at the station wanted to meet me and were disappointed when they were told it was not possible. Once the train was on its way to the next stop, the conductor came to tell me what had transpired. He and the assistant conductor were clearly amused that they had a “celebrity” on board when they relayed the wishes for good luck and success tendered by the crowd at the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment