Monday, August 24, 2020

Audio Engineering Certificate Awarded with High Honors

If you had asked me five years ago if I would ever pursue an education track in audio engineering I would have laughed. Never in my wildest dreams would I have considered studying audio engineering.

Never say "never." Two years ago I started taking audio engineering classes at Washtenaw Community College. Very few community colleges have a curriculum like this so I was fortunate to be able to participate in a program so close by -- about two miles from where I live! Every semester I signed up for another class in the audio department. This summer I took an introductory music theory class which was a prerequisite to being awarded the Audio Engineering certificate. I have taken music theory and arranging classes in the past so it was a review for me and easy to sail through.

I just spoke with someone at the college and checked my transcript. I won't be walking down the aisle to Pomp and Circumstance but I have been awarded my Audio Engineering certificate with High Honors. There is still al lot for me to learn in this area and I plan to continue my studies to improve my ability to audio engineer well. That being said, I did all the engineering myself for 2020 The Musical as well as Countin' on Joe, the campaign song for Joe Biden which I will release on YouTube today. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment